Friday, January 17, 2014

Mushroom Meatballs


Yay!!  I finally decided what to do with the remaining mushrooms from the large medley I bought at last weeks Farmers Market...
I just happen to LOVE mushrooms and so does my husband, so with last nights leftover Quinoa I decided to give it a go!  
I use my husband as my guinea pig and recipe tester and he loved these magic meatballs or "boulettes" as he calls them (he is French)...


Here they are! Aren't they gorgeous?

First prepare the quinoa and remember to rinse well or soak if possible as it removes any bitterness.  If you want to make this a Paleo recipe I believe it would still work without the quinoa...

Dice the onions, shallots and garlic and chop the mushrooms leaving some larger pieces.

Saute the onions, mushrooms, garlic and shallots in a tablespoon or two of grass fed Organic butter for about 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned.

Add your beef, sauteed onions, garlic and shallots & mushrooms in a large bowl and add the quinoa,organic ketchup and one egg (slightly beaten), salt and pepper.
Mix all the ingredients well (you can use your hands to mash it around, kinda gross but it works)




Form your meatballs into whatever size meatball you prefer and place on an ungreased baking sheet.





Cook at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes...



Ingredients-
1 lb organic Grass Fed Beef
1 Cup organic Quinoa
1 cup chopped organic mushrooms of your choice
3 cloves of organic garlic, finely chopped 
2 medium organic shallots, finely chopped
1 large organic yellow onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp organic grass fed butter (I use Kerrygold)
1/2 cup Organic ketchup
salt and pepper to taste
1 large organic egg

Enjoy!

Sandy V.

No comments:

Post a Comment