Sunday, January 26, 2014

Asparagus Fritatta



I bought some fresh organic Asparagus from my local Farmer's Market so I decided to make a yummy Frittata!



I also had a few exotic mushrooms laying around so I threw them in too.
The large one on the right is a "King Trumpet" mushroom which is pretty mild in flavor and it has a rather meaty texture, the other ones on the left are "Shimeji" mushrooms which have a slightly crunchy and nutty flavor..





I always use fresh local pasture fed eggs, of course!

**Tip about eggs**
Eggs at room temperature will have more "relaxed" whites that take on more volume when beaten.
To bring your eggs to room temperature, take them out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to use them.  You can also warm them up quickly by placing in a bowl of warm water for 5 to 10 minutes.





Whisk the eggs well, add the salt and pepper and one tablespoon melted grass fed butter.
Chop up the onion, asparagus and mushrooms and mince the garlic and shallot and saute in 1 tablespoon grass fed butter for about 6-7 minutes.






Use a grater or food processor to shred the sweet potato

This is my grater that gets lots of use!



Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix gently. Pour into a lightly greased (I used bacon grease) baking dish of your choice and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.



Ingredients-
8      Jumbo Pastured Eggs (room temperature)
1lb.  organic Asparagus (chopped)
1/2   cup chopped organic Mushrooms (any kind will work)
1      cup shredded organic white Yam or sweet Potato
1      small-medium sweet organic Onion (chopped)
2      cloves organic Garlic (minced)
1      organic Shallot (minced)
3      tbsp organic fresh basil (chopped)
1/4   cup grass fed Cheddar Cheese
2       tbsp grass fed butter (I use Kerrygold)
salt and pepper to taste




I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Sandy V.


No comments:

Post a Comment