Monday, March 10, 2014

Peanut Butter Cups (Sugar Free)


Okay, I admit it....I have a huge sweet tooth!
Not any kind of sweets will do, my first love is CHOCOLATE, second love PEANUT BUTTER..
I have always loved Reese's peanut butter cups but I no longer want to ingest all the sugar, chemicals, etc. etc.

I started messing around with Coconut Oil a few months ago when I saw a recipe for the "Faux" Chocolate made with Coconut oil and Cocoa powder.  There are lots of different ways to make this stuff and interesting things to add but so far these little cups of heaven are my favorite..




These are all the things I used to make the Peanut Butter Cups.
I try to use all Organic when possible...The Cocoa powder is not Organic because I'm too lazy to drive up to Whole Foods.


First melt the Coconut Oil in the Microwave (about one minute)



Mix in the Cocoa powder with the melted coconut oil and Stevia until you get the desired chocolateness and sweetness you prefer..
 I know a lot of you may not like the taste of Stevia but I can tell you it is not detectable in this recipe according to my taste tester hubby.
Christophe HATES the taste of Stevia and he could not taste it in this recipe so I believe him and you should too.  I'm not really sure what else would work in this recipe but if you need to use an alternate sugar by all means knock yourself out!




I found these perfect little silicone Cups at the 99 cents store, besides being cute they are absolutely perfect for this recipe.
I have since bought more of them but as you can see in the picture I used Egg poacher cups...FYI- they did not work out at all so I don't suggest using them.


Put about 2 tablespoons of the Chocolate mixture in each cup like this


 

Put them in the freezer to set for 10 minutes..

Once they have set
add the peanut butter (about one gloppy tablespoon)


Pour about 2 tablespoons of Chocolate mixture over the top of the peanut butter and put back in the freezer for 15 minutes



Pop these little babies out of the silicone cups and they are ready to Eat!
I have to admit they fall into my YUMMYLICIOUS category and the best part is you don't have to feel guilty for eating them!


This was from my first batch last week and you can see I did not put enough chocolate on top but they are certainly still edible!



Ingredients-  Makes about 8-10 Peanut butter cups

1 Cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 
4 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 
15 Drops Liquid Organic Stevia (can be adjusted to your taste)
1 cup Organic Smooth Peanut Butter

If you don't want to make the full batch, go ahead and cut everything in half.
I had a lot of Chocolate left over because I did not have enough silicone cups..

So I just made some Coconut Bark!





Enjoy!

Sandy V.

No comments:

Post a Comment