Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Roasted Lemony Brussels Sprouts



I LOVE Brussels Sprouts!

I remember my mom making them when I was a kid and my brother and sister turned their noses up and would not eat them.  Oh well, more for me!
I was NOT a picky eater at all...I would eat just about anything put in front of me...Yes, I was every mother's dream!
They remind me of mini cabbages or brains!

This is a very simple and delicious way to make Brussels Sprouts..Oh and did I say yummy?  They are...I promise!

First wash and drain well....Cut off the ends and discard the old leaves.


Chop your onion, shallot and garlic and Saute in 1 tablespoon Grass Fed Butter and one tablespoon bacon grease (about 5 minutes)



Add Brussels Sprouts to a large bowl with sauteed onions, shallots, garlic  and toss with 2 tablespoons **bacon grease, salt and pepper.

***Tip** I keep my bacon grease in a small Ball jar in the fridge.
After cooking my bacon in the oven...I use a small metal strainer over the top of the ball jar.  Easy peasy!
This lovely grease is also good for greasing pans of all kinds and anything Cast Iron.




Place on a greased baking sheet like so..


Roast at 375 degrees for 30 minutes...
You need to turn them about every 10 minutes or so.

Take them out of the oven and remove from the baking sheet with a spatula and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over them, toss and serve!

Enjoy!


Ingredients

1 lb Fresh Organic Brussels Sprouts
2 cloves Organic Garlic
1 Organic Shallot
1 tablespoon Grass Fed Butter (I use Kerrygold)
1 tablespoon uncured Bacon grease ( I use Trader Joe's)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 organic lemon


No comments:

Post a Comment